How children with SEN engage in all activities?
At St. Godric’s, we enable all children to engage fully in all aspects of school life and ensure that children with SEND are full included in all activities in order to promote the highest levels of achievement.
To do this, we:
- Ensure that all children with SEND are fully included in all activities of the school in order to promote the highest levels of achievement through the use of adaptations, for example; visual aids and prompts and personalized equipment such as easy graph pencils and coloured overlays.
- Ensure that all pupils have access to the school curriculum and all school activities through additional adult support to model learning and a well-planned and personalized curriculum.
- Ensure every child has the entitlement to a sense of achievement through our celebrations of progress with parents, for example; Head Teacher’s newsletters, Head Teacher’s award, Friendship awards, assemblies, collective worships, class merit marks, celebrating and sharing children’s achievements through our school website and Twitter.
- When planning visits and trips, the needs of all children are considered to ensure they can fully participate, for example; staff visits prior to trips, risk assessments, liaising with providers to ensure experiences are inclusive.
- Seek advice from professionals, change equipment and resources and access any relevant training.